Translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

The First Chapter of the Second letter of St.Paul to the Thessalonians




The First Chapter of the Second Letter of 

St. Paul

 to the Thessalonians




1. Paul Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:


(The Second letter of St.Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verse 1)




Oh God my Father if we were to do or offer everything we did to You, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, how nice would it be for us, to obtain Your blessing. I would feel more secure on feeling that what I am doing has Your approval and benediction Amen.


2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


(The Second Letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verse 2)


Oh God my Father how great is the gift of peace, and how nice it is to bless each other as You bless us. How nice it is even as a family to bless each other in Your Name even before we go to work. How secure it is to leave the family under Your protection Amen. 




3. We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of everyone of you for one another is increasing.




(The Second Letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verse 3)




Oh God, my Father we are a gift to You to ourselves and also to each other, our lives would not be the same if we did not exist in each other's lives. Even though we may not always on good terms with others they are still gifts for us especially chosen by You, my God that are essential for our salvation Amen. 




4. Therefore we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith during all your persecutions and the afflictions that you are enduring.



(The Second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verse 4)




Oh God, the world  boasts of intelligent people who make a name for themselves or for the family or the company that they work for, however, humble people do not attract the same attention. Oh, that I may also be accounted with this group and not be popular in the eyes of humanity Amen.  




5. This is the evidence of the righteous judgment of God, and is intended to make you worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering.  




(The Second Letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verse 5)




Oh God my Father today You are teaching me that suffering has a meaning and that it is not in vain. All our persecutions and tribulations in life make, us more worthy of the Kingdom of God which is my aim in life Amen, therefore I thank you for each and every one of them, my God and Father. 




6. For it is indeed just of God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7. and to give relief to the afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8. in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 




(The Second Letter of St.Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verses 6 to 8)




Oh God, my Father You ways are just, You are our avenger, You will raise us up from the pit, that others have dug for us to fall in. We need not file law -suits against our transgressors in order to seek retribution for You are going to fight the battle for us Amen. 




9. These will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10. when he comes to be glorified by his saints and to be marveled at on that day among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 




(The Second Letter of St.Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verses 9 to 10) 




Oh God, my Father how nice it would be for us to be united with all the saints in heaven in Your presence than cast away in eternal darkness forever and ever.



11. To this end we always pray for you, asking that our God will make you worthy of his call and will fulfill by his power every good resolve and work of faith, 12. so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.



(The Second Letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 1 verses 11 to 12) 



Oh God my Father, I also ask of You to renew my faith and make me worthy of receiving You in my body and soul. I wish that You never leave me for a second, for I cannot live without You and Your love Amen.


I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer:-



Oh God, my Father it seems that our faith increases by testing and not by leading a quiet and pleasant life where nothing seems to happen. In persecution, You give us a shower of graces. I pray oh God for such graces so that during such moments You will continue to be my life-boat, my source of love and life Amen.




 
  









No comments:

Post a Comment